Hello 2019! I don’t know about you, but this year seemed to FLY by. Like every other year, 2018 had its ups and downs. I have grown individually as well as professionally. 2018 led to some wonderful trips, new music, and big changes.
The last few weeks of the year I always take time to reflect on the past 365 days and look ahead to the next 365!
2018 was the year of concerts.
- February: Grace Vanderwall – In Denver, Colorado
- May: Colorado Symphony and Taylor Swift – Both in Denver, Colorado
- July: Libera – In San Antonia, Texas
- August: Ed Sheeran – although with a job change, this concert was not possible to attend.
- November: Vienna Boy’s Choir – In Cheyenne, Wyoming
- Let’s not forget high school, college, and community concerts sprinkled in all throughout the year!
Lots of music in 2018 = Lots of memories in 2018. 🙂
Scroll through the pictures below to see a few of my concert memories.
10 Things I Learned in 2018
- Always. ALWAYS keep track of your wallet/purse. ESPECIALLY in an airport.
- Be thankful for friends who lend you money when you lose yours…and parents who ship a different ID to your hotel overnight so you can fly back home.
- What people say behind your back is a reflection of them, not you. As Taylor Swift once said, “Haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate.”
- Sometimes, taking a big, scary risk is necessary to get you to a happier place.
- Kindness matters. Be kind to everyone you see, you never know what battle they are fighting.
- Hard work pays off. You may not get the recognition, but it is noticed.
- Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it. When you react with pessimism, you are surrounded by stress and negative emotions. When you react with optimism, you are surrounded by happiness and positivity.
- Take it one day at a time and enjoy every little moment that comes your way.
- Believe in yourself. Trust yourself. Take care of yourself.
- Just because you say something, doesn’t mean it is true. Actions speak louder than words.
2019. The year of unknown. This time last year I had many different trips planned, concerts to see, things I was going to do. Right now I have none of it planned. I don’t know what my job outlook looks like at the end of the school year, if I need to plan for a summer job, or if there are any trips to plan on.
Right now, I am just living in the moment. Trying my best with what I can control and not worrying about the rest.
I am excited to see what the future has in store for me in 2019…even though I don’t feel prepared for it..
Goals for 2019
- Read at least one book a month.
This past year I haven’t read…like at all. I want to get back into the joy of reading for enjoyment…and work sometimes.
- Stick to my budget.
2018 left me in a small money crunch. With a new job with better pay I have been a bit more lenient with my money, while saving quite a bit of it as well. I hope this year I am more comfortable with my money and can stick to a budget.
- Stretch every day.
I had typed “workout” buuut knowing me, that wouldn’t happen. Working out is not in the cards for me. Stretching however, still keeps me fit and can incorporate a my daily mindful mediation.
I hope you all have a great start to you new year! Check back here every week for a new post! Better yet! Enter your email to subscribe to my blog so you never miss a post! 😄